Ecobank, a pan African bank, like any other registered bank in Kenya has embraced the use of mobile money, Mpesa for their money transactions. It was created in 2008 with the aim of fostering integration as well as socio-economic development across the African continent. Their customers are able to save, deposit money into their accounts, withdraw, pay bills, get mini-statements, borrow, pay a loan, send money to other bank accounts as well as pay for goods and services.
Mpesa use is convenient, easy to use, effective and cost-effective. You will not be limited on time and location, unlike the normal bank schedule which makes it even more attractive. In the past, it was challenging to handle all your money transactions as you had to go line up in the bank to get the services you needed which were time-consuming and expensive.
Ecobank is a registered bank that only uses 700201 as its mesa pay bill number. Once you have a registered Safaricom line and Ecobank’s account, you are ready to enjoy this service.
Here are the simple steps to follow when depositing money into your account using Mpesa:
- Go to the Mpesa menu and select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Select the pay bill number
- Enter the business number 700201 asEcobank’s pay bill number
- Enter your Ecobank account number
- Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit into your account. Normally, the amount should not exceed Kshs 70,000 per transaction.
- Enter your Mpesa pin and press ok
- Confirm all the details you have provided are correct before sending
- You will have to cancel the transaction on Mpesa Hakikisha notification on your screen if you wish to continue with the transaction and send one if you need to stop
- You will receive a confirmation from Mpesa and Ecobank
For inquiries or issues with your bank account, do not hesitate to seek help by calling them on 079098000/ 020 2883000 or visit at Ushuru Plaza, Muthangari Dr, Nairobi