Most online transactions rely on PayPal and Mpesa. Mpesa is the most convenient money transfer option available in Kenya while PayPal handles it at a global level. Most online and mobile money transfers are safe, fast, and convenient.
PayPal and Mpesa customers can easily deposit and withdraw money from their accounts with ease. Thanks to the PayPal Mobile Money Service provided by TransferTo in partnership with Safaricom and PayPal.
Before using Mpesa transactions with PayPal, you need to link your account.
You can link your Mpesa and PayPal accounts by:
- Going to www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Logging into your Kenyan PayPal account
- Agreeing to TransferTo terms and conditions for service usage
- Adding your registered Safaricom Mpesa number you wish to link with the account
- You will receive a verification code via SMS. Enter the code to complete the link
Toping up your account
Here is how to deposit cash into your account:
- Go to your Mpesa menu and select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Select paybill, enter 800088 as the business number
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number
- Enter the amount you need to deposit
- Enter your Mpesa PIN
- Confirm the details and proceed to send to complete the transaction
Most deposit s to PayPal account is processed in real-time. However, some might take up to 4 hours.
Withdrawing money from your account
- Go to www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Sign up
- After registration, click on Withdraw
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw from your account in USD
- You will be redirected showing the amount you will receive in Kshs, the conversion rate and the estimated processing time
- Confirm details and proceed to Withdraw Funds
Withdrawal time ranges from 2 hours to 3 days to be completed. Most depend on the value of the transaction.
There is a 4% conversion fee with the paybill charges that may occur.
Transaction limits are Kshs 70,000 per transaction and Kshs 140,000 in a day.