since the introduction of the banking agency services in 2011, more banks including KCB have embraced these services. KCB Mtaani, a service of KCB Bank has made it easy for their customers to access banking services from their many agent shops countrywide.
From a KCB Mtaani agent, you can access services such as; cash deposits, withdrawals, fee payment, account opening, utility payments, loading cards, mini statements, rent payment, funds transfer, and balance enquiry among many. There’s no longer need for you to walk into a bank for the simple banking needs. Moreover, these agencies can be accessed easily.
To become an agent, there are requirements you need to meet. You can visit any KCB branch to get you started.
Here are the requirements:
- The business must be in existence for a minimum of 18 months
- The business must be an existing legal entity ( partnership, sole proprietorship, company)
- The business must be able to deposit Kshs 100,000 to start off Agent Banking services
- The business should be serving at least 50 customers per day
- The shop should be run by at least a manager and two assistants who have a minimum KCSE certificate